17 August 2010

Buustamon in Åre.







Last year in late September me and my wife got married in a village called Åre.
Åre is situated around a 7 hour drive from Stockholm, up north. Its Sweden's biggest ski resort during winter, but its even nicer during Spring, Summer or Autumn, as the amount of tourists is way less than Winter. The reason we decided to get married there is because we wanted our wedding to be a little adventure for both us and our guests, and since my father is born and raised in the county of Jämtland it seemed apropriate to go back to the roots. Jämtland is lovley during Autumn, and our wedding weekend was excactly as good as it could be.
One of the reason the wedding became such a success was Buustamon, were both dinner and party was held. It's a very traditional and old fashioned place, with small but lovely rooms, a beautiful view and super-friendly staff. The food was absolutely amazing, and it was like staying at an old friends house. I think I can speak for everyone when I say we had a brilliant time. So if you want to visit a very Swedish place, and experience Sweden at its best, go to Åre and stay at Buustamons Fjällgård.

No comments: